Soggy Shoes, Homework, and Valentines!
Well Everyone,
It's the end of another week. And what a week it has been! It seems like the weeks just never slow down around here...I guess that's pretty typical of college though. Iowa has been beautiful this week, although most of us have been way too busy to enjoy it! We've had weather above 20 degrees all week, and even rain on Monday.
Enter the story of the soggy shoes. Do you know how sometimes life just hands you those little unwelcome surprises? Well, soggy shoes was my surprise for the week! It rained pretty hard on Monday, and we even had hail. Well, unsuspecting me laced up my good old tennis shoes and stepped out into the swamp. I only made it to the rec center before discovered that my "good old tennis shoes" have so many holes in them that I could wring water out of my socks. So much for those shoes! I'm on the hunt for some new ones, but currently I feel more inclined to keep my shoes and pray for no more rain. We'll see how far I get with that one. :-D
Homework has kept me pretty busy again this week, although it's a little better than last week. I'm trying to work on my poster for the Iowa Private Colleges Day on top of all the rest of the homework. I had a few tests and group presentations this week as well, which always keeps things interesting.
I got asked to do something else cool this week, I am now on the all-campus retreat committee. I'm helping plan the event for next September, when the whole campus takes of to Lake Okobojii (how do you spell it anyway?) for the weekend. Our IM soccer team has been doing really well also. We are now tied for second place in our league! We have one more game, and then it's to the playoffs, hopefully.
I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend!!
Meg


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home