Yay for Spring!
Hey Everyone,
Well, spring has finally arrived in Iowa. We are all so excited...no more snow! I've been keeping really busy with school stuff, but don't worry, I'm finding time for fun too. April has been the month for birthdays around here, so we've been doing a lot of celebrating. Sam's birthday was April 5, and I helped organize a surprise visit from his family. Abby's birthday was April 6. Matt's birthday was April 19, and Heather's birthday is coming this next weekend. I'm getting birthday-ed out! :) Dordt gets out for summer vacation in about 2 weeks, and we can't wait. No, I'm not coming home. Instead, I'm staying on campus and completing a full-time internship. It should be a lot of fun, and something really great to learn from as well.
So, some other things that have been happening. Hmmm...
Before Spring Break, I entered a writing contest called the Purple Martin. The awards were about a week ago and I found out that I won 2nd place in the expository writing category.
In the past few weeks I was also chosen to be a recipient of the Haan Teacher Education Scholarship. What a blessing! Senior year looks a lot better now that I have a few extra dollars coming in. :)We went to Heather's house for Easter. It was nice to get away from campus and eat real food in a real house. We also went on an Easter egg hunt. Check out the picture and you'll see who came away with the best haul.
Meg


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home