Memorial Day
Hi Everyone!
I hope that you all enjoyed an awesome Memorial Day! We had lots of fun here in Sioux Center. It was so good to have a day off from work where we could all relax. Although, I have to admit that Sam and I kept ourselves very busy, relaxing didn't happen very much!
We started off the morning by biking to Children's Park. Bethel CRC was hosting a pancake breakfast. It was really nice to get outside early and bike across town, and to be treated to yummy pancakes! It certainly beat my normal breakfast of cereal or poptarts! :) After breakfast we biked back and I talked to my family for a while. At lunch, I learned of a really cool opportunity. Christ Community Church created a community garden, and anyone could go and stake out a plot for a garden. Sam and I decided that this sounded like a great idea, so we went and got a plot for ourselves. The rest of the afternoon was spent preparing our garden. We bought tools and plants, and then came back to the garden. Sam prepped all the soil, and I helped him plant and water. We planted corn, peppers, onions, tomatoes, carrots, and we want to plant green beans next week. This garden will be great for getting us outside and (hopefully) will produce lots of yummy vegetables later this summer. We ended our day by going out to dinner. We tried a new Mexican resturaunt in Sioux Center, and it was amazing. They served us so much food, I couldn't even finish my plate!
I hope you all found fun things to do yesterday and that you enjoyed your day as much as I did!
Meg


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home