Living...Laughing...and Loving Life

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tulip Time and the Start of SUMMER!

Hi Everyone,

So this post is a little behind (by almost 2 weeks in fact!) but at least I'm attempting to catch up, right?
School ended on May 7, and Sam, Heather, Matt and I celebrated by going to Pella for the weekend. Before we could leave, though, I had a huge project to undertake. I was in charge of planning the Family Night Talent Show. I contacted all the acts, arranged the schedule, contacted all the sound and tech crews, created the PowerPoint, worked with the mc, and lead the entire rehearsal. Oh, and I was part of the stage crew for the show also. Talk about a stressful night! I was very nervous because this was my first time ever coordinating something on this scale (or coordinating anything for that matter!). Thankfully, the show went very well and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Once the show ended, we drove to Pella.

We finally arrived about 1:30 (yay for Sam being able to stay awake, it was quite a feat!). We all stayed at Sams house, and got a good night of rest. We spent Friday and Saturday at Tulip Time. We ate lots of good food (stropewaffles, funnel cakes, Asian food, pork loin sandwiches...yum!), watched the parade 4 times, and did lots of walking around. It was really cool to experience, especially for those of us who had never been to Pella's Tulip Time before.
Ok, enough of my writing. Now it's time for some pictures! :)


A man with the flag of the Netherlands. He lead off the parade!

The baby parade (my cousin Joy is on the far right)


Heather and I in front of the TULIPS (who would have thought!?)

Sam and I in front of the tulips


Heather and Matt


It thunderstormed on Friday and Sam and I got caught in it. We got soaking wet, but it was super fun!

Since coming back from Tulip Time, Sam and I have both started work. We are enjoying our times, but both have had to adjust from jobs where we were outside all day to jobs that have us in offices. It's been quite a change! I hope you all are doing well.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home