One Big Huge Catch-All Post
Hey Everyone (or anyone who actually takes the time to read this anymore)!
I'm still alive, in case you were wondering. I've just been too bogged down to blog. So much has happened in life lately, it's hard to know where to start to catch you all up!
Where did I leave off in my last post? Hmmmm....it was January, it was cold, it was snowy and I was in Rehoboth, New Mexico. Now it is sunny, warm, and I am in Sioux Center, Iowa. What has happened in between there?
I continued to teach in Rehoboth until the end of February. I loved my time down there. Let me tell you - if you can find a place that's as wonderful, friendly, and caring as Rehoboth, be my guest. They blew Laurissa and I out of the water almost every day with their generosity and friendliness. It was really hard to say goodbye. However, I was extremely eager to get back to campus. After going almost 4 months without seeing Sam, it was time to get home. We left Rehoboth on February 26, amongst some tears and laughter, and got back to Dordt on February 27.
Then life got crazy! We had student teaching seminar for a week. I couldn't believe how much stuff they tried to pack into those few days. I got fingerprinted for my Iowa license, filled out 4 school applications, and was just generally stressed out. I couldn't see how everything was going to work out. How in the world was I supposed to find a job and a house in Iowa? Things were looking pretty bleak.
I started student teaching a Kindergarten class at West Sioux Elementary in Ireton. I love these kids, but this is sure not an easy class. I made the mistake of once wanting a class to practice my classroom management techniques, and I sure got the perfect class. They have me on my toes every single day!
Then I got two interviews, one at Inwood Christian School and one at Sioux Falls Christian School. I was so excited, I was sure these were going to be the answers to my many heart-wrenching prayers about my future. But days passed, and passed, and Inwood Christian e-mailed and said they offered the position to someone else. I hadn't heard from Sioux Falls Christian either. The other schools I applied to weren't calling, and I was trying to console myself about the idea of separating from Sam and moving back home for a year. Then, out of the blue, Inwood Christian called back. To make a long story short, their first choice didn't want the position, and, pending a second interview the next day, they wanted to offer it to me.
I called Mike for the car, dressed up in my interview best, and headed off to Inwood. I was so nervous, but I just kept praying that everything would work out. I went through a very informal second interview, and within an hour was headed back out of the door. I didn't have any confirmation, no "We'll let you know" or "You'll hear within a week" or anything. I should have asked, but I was nervous...remember? Well, I drove back to Sioux Center, all the way trying to keep my self from being super disappointed. I was turning by Hardees when my phone rang. It was the principal, offering me the job! I accepted within 24 hours.
Now it was time to find an apartment. I called up my Dad, who talked to some friends in church. I heard that there was an apartment open in Rock Valley. I called up the landlord and got a viewing appointment for the next day. I called Mike, and asked him to be my apartment-hunting buddy. He agreed, and we went up to see the place. It was great! I called him the next day and agreed to sign the lease. Sam went with me for that event.
Now I'm here...I'm 2.5 weeks from my college graduation. I have 5 big assignments to tackle before I will be granted my Iowa teaching license. I have 18 kindergarteners to teach for the next week, and then I'll be done with student teaching (and it feels like I just started). I still need to find one (or more) summer jobs, and a car. I need to move all of my things from Sioux Center to Rock Valley.
Life is good - but if someone finds God's remote - could you please either hit pause (so I can breathe) or fast forward (so I'll know how it all works out?)
Take care!
Meg


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home