Living...Laughing...and Loving Life

Saturday, September 26, 2009

So...It's 4 weeks into school...I'm so far behind!

Hi Everyone,

My apologies in advance, I haven't updated this thing in a long time! I'm meaning to get back into the blogging swing of things so that you all can keep track of me a little better.

The last post I wrote was a prayer request for WOW Week. That seems so long ago! Thankfully, all the prayers were answered, and WOW Week went amazingly well. I enjoyed all the activities. We had a great staff and a fun class of freshmen. Although I can't admit that I was never stressed out or frustrated, I was able to keep it all in perspective and have a great week. I jumped right from WOW week into school. That first week was sheer craziness. I was still working on WOW stuff, attending class, doing homework, and trying to finalize plans for the All-Campus Retreat.

During that first weekend we also had Grandpa and Grandma VK come for a visit! They were having a class reunion near here and so they decided to stop by Dordt and take us grandkids (and special others) out for breakfast. We went to Casey's Bakery and then headed to the greenhouse to take some pictures. It was a short visit, but it was so special. Thanks Grandpa and Grandma for taking time to come visit us!


Retreat was held on the first weekend in September. I was not in charge of this event, which was nice for a change. I did get to be on the committee and that was a lot of fun. Here are a few pictures from our time at Lake Okoboji. We had a great weekend with great weather, what a blessing!

The Sunday after we got back from Retreat, Sam and I headed to Lifelight. We got to hear Lincoln Brewster and the Newsboys! They were both amazing concerts, and we really had fun hanging out with Justin and Addie. During the Newsboys concert they set up a runway and we ended up being about 10 feet from the whole band!

There, now I feel like things are up to date! Enjoy the beginning of fall everyone!
Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home