Living...Laughing...and Loving Life

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Great Camping Adventure - Part 3!

Hi Everyone,

I think an appropriate subtitle to this blog entry would be: I CAUGHT FISH! :) That was probably my favorite part of Tuesday. I got up early to go fishing with the guys. It was fun to go early in the morning, because the stream was so beautiful. Everything was still dewey, and it was really quiet.

We went to Coldwater Stream, which was much better for me than South Bear Stream. South Bear has lots of trees and tall weeds right next to the stream, which was dangerous for a beginning caster such as myself. Coldwater was much more open. Sam and I started out at a hole was that completely open. The fish were picky, but they liked my powerbait! I caught two fish pretty quickly, but after that I struggled. Sam caught a couple of fish too.

It was so awesome to catch fish, especially in the morning. I got hooked right away (no pun intended!)
The rest of the day we spent taking a day trip to Prarie Du Chein, Wisconsin because the weather was cold and rainy. We went to Pikes Peak State Park, and then went and did some shopping at Cabelas. We also went mini-golfing, in which I got beaten badly by Sam and Seth. :)
Here are some pictures from Tuesday:


Sam and I at Pikes Peak State Park. The Mississippi River is below us!



Standing behind Bridal Veil Falls at Pikes Peak State Park.

Sam mini-golfing. He's definitely the golfer, not me!


MY FIRST 2 TROUT...EVER! :-D

Wednesday started out the same as Tuesday. I got up early to go fishing with the guys. We headed to a different stream (North Bear) this day, and I hit the jackpot! I reeled in 4 fish this morning. It was another beautiful morning by the stream. This morning we got an extra surprise...a deer jumped through the corn field right behind us. It wasn't more than 50 yards away. So amazing!

We came back from fishing and had another amazing breakfast. Did I mention I love camping food? :-D After that we decided to go canoeing for the afternoon. It was an awesome choice. It just perfect weather...just cool enough that it wasn't bad to be in an aluminum canoe, but warm enough to be on the water. I have never been canoeing before, and I was blessed that Sam was so patient with me. We canoed down the Upper Iowa River. We took a 3 1/2 hour trip, definitely a good start for this beginner!

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures from Wednesday. I didn't want to lose my camera in the stream OR the river!

Thursday morning I decided to stay home with Sarah and Sharlee in the morning to let Sharon go fishing with the guys. It was nice to have a morning to sleep in and relax, but I missed fishing! I read my book and did some sketching.

When Sharon and the guys returned, we had a slow rest of the morning. Then the kids got to go tubing down the river that afternoon. Because I didn't get to go fishing in the morning, Sam took me fishing around the campground that night. I didn't catch any fish (boo) but it was fun. Again, Sam caught fish. YAY!

Friday, we all slept in and then everyone went fishing after breakfast. We headed to Trout River. I caught a few more fish here. This was our last day camping, which was sad. That night Sam, Sharlee, Seth, and I climbed Pulpit Rock. This is what our campground was named after! It was a short hike (only about 15 minutes) but the view from the top was definitely worth it.

Here are some pictures from Friday:

Sam and I after fishing (again). Yay for fishing!

At the top of Pulpit Rock.

Sam, me, and Sharlee
Well, I hope you enjoyed reading about my camping adventure!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home