Living...Laughing...and Loving Life

Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Night at Newton Hills

Hey Everyone,
I am loving the month of June, and I hope you are too. Things in Iowa are SO green, and it's beautiful to be outside. It has been raining some, which is sad, but other than that things are great. To celebrate a night of beautiful weather, Sam and I headed out to Newton Hills State Park. We started at Lake Lakota by watching some kids swimming and we walked along the shore. I stuck my feeet in the water, but neither of us went swimming.

Then we headed to the actual trails and campground of Newton Hills. We went hiking for awhile, and it felt so good to be outside. We both loved this park, and highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great place to get away. After doing some hiking, we went and made dinner (hot dogs on the campfire, yum). After that we packed up and headed back to Dordt, with a short ice cream break in Canton (yes, Sam treated me to ice cream, and made an already great night even better!).

I hope you all are enjoying June wherever you are. Take advantage of the beautiful weather and get outside, it's definitely worth it! ;)

Meg



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home