Living...Laughing...and Loving Life

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas Break

Hey Everyone,

I had an amazing Christmas Break! It was super busy, because I was only home for 2.5 weeks. I flew into Pasco on December 17 with almost all of the other Sunnyside kids. We had a great flight, which was nice. We didn't have to worry about making any connections, which was probably a first for us flying home for Christmas!

During the first week that I was home, we headed to Mt. Vernon to visit with Grandma and Grandpa. Aunt Marjo and Uncle Ott had almost all of our cousins home with their kids. We got a chance to babysit for the kids while all the adults went out to dinner. I was glad we have 5 of us, because we were taking care of 8 kids under the age of 7: Levi, Raya, Kiera, Tori, Julissa, Caleb, Joel, and Ellie! They were well-behaved, and we had a lot of fun. The next day we spent a lot of time at Aunt Marjo's again.

We came home on Christmas Eve. On the way home, we decided to give Matt his Christmas present. Mike and I decided to let him choose whatever he wanted to do with us for a day, and we would cover the expenses. Matt chose to go to Seattle and take the ferry to Bainbridge Island. We also toured the Waterfront and Pikes Place Market. We had amazing weather, the sky was clear and we could see so much from the ferry!

We celebrated Christmas with just the family in the morning, and then in the afternoon we had the Groenewold's over to play games and eat treats. I got some great presents, including teaching clothes, a season of Scrubs, and my favorite game: Carcassone!

After Christmas we were all put to work to remodel our kitchen. I helped Mom pick out colors, and then the whole family worked to repaint. Then Mike and Matt laid new flooring. The result is fantastic! I love the new decor.

Pictures to come in the next post! :-)

Megan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home