Living...Laughing...and Loving Life

Monday, May 31, 2010

Graduation

Hey Everyone,

So, I'm about a month late, but life has been really busy lately. I graduated from Dordt on May 7, 2010. Graduation day was REALLY cold, windy, and rainy. So much for my dreams of sun, huh? It was an awesome day though. Mom, Dad, and Matt drove out from Washington and Grandma and Grandpa VK drove up from New Mexico to celebrate with me. We spent most of the weekend moving my things from Dordt to my new apartment in Rock Valley. We also got to celebrate Matt's birthday on Thursday by going out to Pizza Ranch and then going to Blue Bunny for ice cream. On Friday morning, I went to the President's breakfast with Britt, and then headed back to the apartment to get ready for the ceremony. After the ceremony, I headed to the Rec Center to celebrate with my family. As I was waiting for everyone to arrive, I got a special surprise. I saw Sharlee making her way through the crowd, closely followed by Steve and Sharon. I was so happy to see them! It was great! We ate lunch and then headed back to Rock Valley. We spent the afternoon unpacking and celebrating. That night, Sam and I headed back to Pella for Tulip Time. We spent the weekend watching the parades, eating yummy food, and watching Sharon and Seth dance to help Pella break the world record for most people dancing in clogs at the same time (I think). The weekend was really cold, so we vetoed the parade on Saturday night and went to hang out with Dan instead. We went back to Dordt on Monday, and Sam started work. It was a little wierd for me to go back to Rock Valley and be in a completely empty apartment, I wasn't used to being alone. But after a week, I got used to it and I've started to enjoy having some space to myself. Summer has been great so far, I've enjoyed hanging out with Sam a lot and we've been having a lot of fun.

Here are some pictures from graduation:


I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day!

Meg

1 Comments:

Blogger Keith and Jen said...

THIS IS CRAZY. Congratulations, young lady. I can't believe you are a college graduate. Well, I guess I can, but it is a bit of a stretch. It seems like I just graduated from college... but that was 11 years ago... I think I look just as happy as you in my grad pictures, though! It feels so good to be DONE!!! Do enjoy your summer, congrats on your apartment, and BIG HUGS!!! LOVE YOU SO MUCH.

May 31, 2010 at 8:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home