Life as We Know It
Hi All...
I feel sheepish. The last time I posted, we were talking about snowstorms. Now it is a balmy 75 degrees and I am one week away from summer break. Talk about taking a blogging vacation!
Life has been good here. The second semester went well, although I now can very well understand the "I can't handle it I'm so stressed I want this year to be over" first year teacher phenomenon. I hit a major block around March, and now I'm feeling that way again. It's nothing against the students or the school, I just feel burnt out and tired. It's time for a break!
I feel like we are right at the edge of a cliff - all year we have been waiting for some big life events. The first big life event that we were anticipating has passed. Sam graduated from Dordt! That happened a few weeks ago. So I guess maybe we already jumped off the cliff and are sliding down the slope? Who knows! The next big life events are coming up fast. I am so excited for them, and yet sometimes I wish I could stop the wild ride and catch my breath! I am excited to finish school next Wednesday. I have from Wednesday until Memorial Day to pack up my classroom and apartment and move my stuff to our new house. After Memorial Day I will head to Pella with the Fopmas (minus Sam) and will spend a few days at home with them. On June 2 I fly home to Washington! It has been too long - Mom, Dad, and Matt I miss you! Sam comes on June 7, my friend Laura comes on June 10. The biggest life event of all happens on June 18 - SAM AND I GET MARRIED! :-D
So, I am just hanging on, enjoying every minute in eager anticipation of what is to come. Sam and I have loved our new house - I visit him every chance I get! We have him all the way moved in. Now he just has to wait for the rest of my stuff! Sam has been working hard doing house work already, but he says he likes the responsibility. We planted a garden in the backyard and I have been waging a mighty war against the weeds invading our flower bed.
Here are a few pictures from the last month:
Sam and his senior design project! I'm so proud of him!
Me and the graduate! :-)
Sam and I at Tulip Time in Pella.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home