Living...Laughing...and Loving Life

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Introducing...

So,


Life is amazing! Since my last post, so many things have changed. I titled this post "Introducing" because I feel like I have to do some introducing to get us back on track...


First of all, introducing....a new name! Let's try this on for size: Mrs. Megan Fopma!! Yes, Sam and I are finally married and it feels wonderful. We were married on June 18th and the day was perfect (although we weren't sure that morning...that story to come later).


Second, introducing....a new home! So, I guess it's not really new considering I lived here for 4 years while attending Dordt, but living in Sioux Center again feels different now that Sam and I are not students anymore. Sioux Center is a great place to live though - we are enjoying biking, running, playing soccer, watching movies from the library, and cooking delicious food. The best part about Sioux Center, though, is our house. We live in a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom townhouse. It's old but it has plenty of space and it feels great to be settled and to have a permenant place to return to at the end of each day.


Third, introducing....a new job (for both of us)! Sam is working for Interstates full time now, although in a different section of the company. He really seems to like it, and this job is giving him some great opportunities. In fact, Sam is currently in Chicago at Wrigley field, thanks to an Interstates sponsored business trip fora conference in Chicago. I started a new job at Kidzone, an after-school program in Sioux Center. I work on a team of assistant directors, and currently our time is filled with planning for our next program year. My set of responsibilities includes group gym activities, organizing and connecting with the middle school students, creating a homework/academic program to encourage students that learning can be fun, and helping Mindy (our director) manage other aspects of the program relating to our 2nd through 8th grade students.


Sam and I are having such fun in the married life. I am blessed that he is my husband. He does an amazing job taking care of me and supporting me. I love him very much! We just celebrated our one-month anniversary, and I look forward to many many more.


Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home