Pre-Wedding
Hey All!
So, since I've gotten in the blogging mood I figured I would catch you up on the big events of the past month: my trip to Washington, Sam and my wedding, and our honeymoon. I don't know how far I will get tonight, but hopefully this will help you know a little more about what has been going on with us!
So, my trip started on Memorial Day when I left Sioux Center with Seth and headed back to Sully. Yes, you read that right, I traveled with Seth, not Sam. Sam had to stay and work in Sioux Center (because of his new job) and I had to fly out of Des Moines in Washington. To save me from having to make the trip on my own, Seth agreed to drive with me. Despite my car ticking for 45 minutes, we managed to enjoy the trip. Talks of cooking and baking occupied much of our time...
I spent a few days in Sully before flying out, and loved the time I had to spend with my (almost) sisters-in-law. Sarah was working quite a bit, so Sharlee and I hung out. We washed my car, played in the sprinkler, baked cookies, made dinner, and watched movies. It was pretty awesome. I will admit, however, that I was already missing Sam.
My flight home was pretty uneventful (FINALLY) and Mom and Dad were there to meet me in Seattle. We drove home arrived in Sunnyside about 4:00 AM. There was no rest for the weary, however, because this was the weekend that one of my best friends, Abby, was getting married. The next morning we enjoyed her bachelorette party. Then, it was the wedding day!
Abby's wedding was lots of fun! What a treat it was to see two people, so beautifully in love and perfect for eachother, get to be connected in a covenant. I also got to hang out with another friend, Brittney, for the whole weekend.
After Abby's wedding, it was time to start planning for Sam and mine! Mom and I did a lot of work in the next few days. It was wierd to work without Sam, and I was glad he came soon! Sam came on Tuesday, and jumped right in and helped with the planning and the little preparations. What an awesome man!
The next time I like to call: "When everyone came and it got crazy...". Another best friend, Laura came on Friday. Sam and I went to pick her up from Seattle and took a short detour trip to Snoqualmie Falls. Then Laura got to jump into the wedding planning craziness. I was so glad to have her around, without her and Sam I think I might have gone nuts.
Sam's family came on Wednesday, and the next few days were fun. We had a picnic together, went to the river, played in the pool, and hung out a lot. The rest of my family started to arrive as well.
So that's the story in words, but I think the story is best told in pictures, so those will come next!
Meg


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home